25 Jun Waterstop Solutions Welcomes Steve Murphy To The Team
We have the privilege of welcoming
Steve Murphy to our Waterstop Solutions team in Brisbane!
Steve brings with him a wealth of knowledge, gained from an impressive 38-year-career in the industry, of which 24 years was as a Defect and Liability Supervisor (DLP) for Abigroup and Lend Lease.
- 24 years as Defect and Liabilities Supervisor – Lendlease – 1995 -2019
- 5 years as General Carpenter – Abi Group
- 9 Years on Domestic & Commercial Field
Steve is looking forward to applying his skills and experience in managing complex building and maintenance projects to help you solve any water ingress and concrete deterioration issues, in his new role as Business Development & Quality Manager at Waterstop Solutions.
Those who know Steve say that he is a person of integrity who is passionate about helping people find solutions to their building defect issues, as evidenced by an outstanding record for achieving successful outcomes.
With his extensive experience in Building Maintenance Management, Steve has a deep understanding of the importance of finding quality and service-focused contractors that you can depend on to respond quickly to supply skilled and professional work.
We at Waterstop Solutions have had the pleasure of working with Steve on countless occasions during his years with Abigroup and Lendlease.
We are so excited to have Steve on board as a member of the Waterstop Solutions team! Please join us in giving him a warm welcome.
7 Meet Steve Questions
- How many years have you been in the Building Maintenance Management industry?
- For 24 years I was engaged as Maintenance Supervisor on projects involving remedial works of hospitals, commercial and residential buildings in the Brisbane area.
- What do you like about the industry?
- All of the people you meet and finding solutions to problems onsite.
- Who have you worked for?
- I have worked as a Maintenance Supervisor for Lendlease and Abigroup for about 24 years.
- Favourite, most challenging project & why?
- All water related projects, because there are so many various challenging water leaks that require a lot of patience, know-how and resources to resolve. I enjoy the process of working out a solution that leads to a successful outcome.
- Most common building defect/issue you see?
- Water leaks from failed waterproofing. Waterstop Solutions has been able to assist with successfully rectifying these sometimes challenging defects a multitude of times.
- Connection/History to Waterstop Solutions (and for how long)?
- I first encountered Harold Du Toit from Waterstop Solutions at St Andrews Hospital in 2008 He came to inspect and diagnose a tricky leak that no one could fix……, and he managed to fix it. Since then I have never looked back, but continued to use Harold and his team to repair any water seepage issues.
- Why come work with Waterstop Solutions
- They are just such awesome guys and I truly believe in what they do, otherwise, I wouldn’t be here. Throughout the years I have experienced Waterstop Solutions work in partnership with their clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of building assets.
Book a meeting with Steve:
Mobile: 0419 416 591
Email: [email protected]
We look forward to building long lasting relationships within the industry and delivering quality solutions for years to come.
Are you interested in finding out more about the various remedial building services we are providing?
Please click on the image below to download Waterstop Solutions Capability Statement
Waterstop Solutions Capability Statement is now available to download as PDF. (The image is clickable and opens up a link to our Capability Statement).
Good maintenance begins with a proactive approach to maintain, keep, preserve and protect a building.
Remember that seepage/water ingress into areas such as basements, concrete roofs, car parks and retaining walls, should not be ignored – call a remedial waterproofing professional today for an assessment to provide you with the best solution for your situation.
At Waterstop Solutions, we carry out a wide range of remedial works to concrete structures post construction stage.
Equipped with major civil works experience, we can quickly determine the best approach to rectify all seepage and concrete deterioration issues.